- How To Play Tibetan Singing Bowls
How To Play Tibetan Singing Bowls
How to play Tibetan Singing Bowls
1. Hold the bowl in the palm of either hand. Be careful not to touch the sides of the bowl, this will prevent the bowl from vibrating and deaden the tone.
2. Grasp the striker tool as you would hold a pencil, or stylus.
3. With the striker, rub the outside rim in a circular motion. Keep an even pressure. Sometimes it is easier to strike the bowl first to get the vibrations going.
4. Slowly increase the speed as the bowl begins to vibrate, and listen carefully as the sound starts to grow. Mastering this method may take some practice.
Another method is "striking" the bowls. "Striking", or "gonging" is a simple method that involves striking the bowl with a wood or padded striker.We do have additional padded tools available in our store.